Wandering Souls

The Wandering Souls inhabit the realm of Scarlet Crusade on the world of Azeroth. This motley band of disparate characters strive to improve their lot in life, or the afterlife (depending on whether you are an undead or not), and that of their guildmates.

Friday, April 28, 2006

A Fine Mess

Earlier today, you would have had quite a sight if you had been fishing along the shoreline of the lake between Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine. An overladen bat came hurtling across the lake from the direction of Hillsbrad. It was attempting to carry two raucous undeads on its back. You could hear a loud “Wheeeeeeee!” as they disappeared from sight heading toward the Undercity.



Eatem: Dammit Atohne!

Atohne: What?

Eatem: It’s all your fault. I can’t believe you talked me into climbing on a bat with you again and flying to the Undercity. Those bats are just not meant to carry two people.

[Editor's Note: Atohne and Eatem should really avoid sharing aerial transport. Find out why in these posts from a year or so ago: Tempting Fate & Anniversary ]

Atohne: Well, I didn’t have to do much talking. I just barely whispered that it might be fun and you got all wound up and insisted we do it right then and there!

Eatem: You got me drunk and I wasn’t thinking straight. You took advantage of my inebriated state!

Atohne: Well you seemed to enjoy the flight. You were laughing and cheering the whole way. They must have heard us from all over Hillsbrad and the Alterac Valley as we flew over.

Eatem: Yeh, well it was fun! At least till we experienced that sickening crunch as we struck the Scarlet Crusade’s tower on our approach to the tunnel leading into the Undercity. We might have handled a few broken bones, but what caused that massive explosion as we fell down inside the tower amongst those crusaders?

Atohne: It seems hard to imagine, but I actually think the explosion was caused by my mechanical squirrel.

Eatem: Really? The one you got from Kiyo yesterday?

Atohne: Yeh, wasn’t he cute. I named him Chip and asked Kiyo if he could make me another that I could name Dale. But, he seemed to be in a hurry and said he couldn't hang around. And now I don’t know, these squirrels seem kind of unstable!

Eatem: That’s for sure. It made a mess of this tower. There were pieces of us and scarlet crusaders all over the place.

Atohne: I’m sure glad they found that mortician’s card I put in your pocket the other day.

Eatem: Glad! ... Did you say glad? Look what he did to us!

Atohne: Yeh, it’s awesome. It's great to be a man again. I've kind of been missing something, if you know what I mean. I’m also feeling pretty buff, let’s go kill something!

Eatem: Hmmmm... I bet we can even go into Ironforge or Stormwind and join one of their teams headed into the battlegrounds. High Warlord Peebah never let us into the fray on our side. He said we’d just muck it up! I suppose, it might be fun to muck up the Alliance! We’d be weapons of mass confusion! Just imagine the possibilities.

Atohne: For the Horde!

Eatem: No, that’s not gonna work. Let’s work on that now… How about “For the Alliance!

Atohne: Doesn’t have the right ring to it. I think they say something else. Maybe this: “Elune be Praised!

Eatem: I think only the night elves say that, but I'm not sure. So, what is Elune anyway?

Atohne: I think it’s something that drips out of their noses. They rub it on their ears to make them shiny!

Eatem: Well, let’s get going. We’re burning daylight and I want to find that Mortician later and see if we can get things straightened out!

The pair headed for the blimp station to catch a ride to Stranglethorn where they could gain easy access to the Alliance travel network. Atohne was singing as she walked ---- "I'm too sexy, too sexy for my skin! I'm too sexy,..."

~ Atohne

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I love it! Hehe, these posts always brighten up my day.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home