Wandering Souls

The Wandering Souls inhabit the realm of Scarlet Crusade on the world of Azeroth. This motley band of disparate characters strive to improve their lot in life, or the afterlife (depending on whether you are an undead or not), and that of their guildmates.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Conspiracy

The warm rain was drumming loudly on the dock as the priest stepped off the boat at Booty Bay. She held her robe to keep it from getting wet and attempted to fade into the background and avoid being seen. However, her lithe figure was still quite apparent due to the rainwater that streamed down her face and clothes. Precautions were probably uneccessary, as the docks were nearly empty because all but the most foolish had sought shelter in the shops or Inn.

She slipped quietly into the Inn, followed a moment later by an Orcish rogue who broke stealth just as she came in through the doorway. They approached a druid and another rogue at a table in the corner. She was shocked to see the large number of people that crowded the Inn. However, most everyone was at the bar elbowing each other out of the way and attempting to get the attention of the barkeeper.

Jembai: Why did you pick this spot to meet, Shaine?

Shaine: It’s convenient and the goblins have learned to keep their mouths shut. It’s the only way for them to be able to do business with both Alliance and Horde. Besides, no barmaid is going to overhear us. I’ve come here countless times and if you don’t serve yourself you don’t get served.

Locksahn: Did you bring a picture of my target?

Gorkah: I’ve got it. I took it in the Undercity as she was giving everyone a preview of her new clothes. I could barely suppress my giggling as I considered how convenient she made it to get an updated photo for you.

She slipped the photo across the table, and the other rogue glanced at it before slipping it into his pocket.

Shaine: How much is this going to cost us?

Locksahn: Don’t worry about that, a certain fire mage is covering my fees. I won’t mention his name and I don’t remember all his reasons. He whispered them in my ear, but I was too busy wiping the drool from my shoulders to hear all of it. He mentioned something about lack of healing, multiple deaths, suicide missions to Ironforge and something else I didn’t quite understand. He said something about getting his body back. Sounds like nonsense to me and he was a little drunk. But, tell me! Why are you three involved in this?

Jembai: We’re all competing in the Azerothian Fashion Show. The Horde semifinals are to be held next week at the arena here in Stranglethorn. The Alliance will have theirs the next week and the Fashion Queen of all Azeroth will be chosen a week after that.

Locksahn: But why target this one undead priest? You’ll be contesting against hundreds of others, plus each other!

They, at first, look furtively at each other and then Shaine sat up looking innocent of evil thoughts.

Shaine: Atohne doesn’t deserve a shot at this contest. For one thing, she kept her old clothes and thus with a simple wardrobe change, she has an excellent shot at winning both categories – “The best and worst dressed person in all of Azeroth

Jembai, Gorkah: It just isn’t fair!

Gorkah: She wouldn’t even have a shot at it, if she hadn’t gotten help from others! ((*She contemplates her gouge, backstab maneuver on Kaind*))

Locksahn: But why you, Shaine? I would think you’d be better off entering the Alliance competition. Maalir told me that the night elves are wild about female Taurens. She said something about the Night Elf women looking and dancing like sluts, but that was just for show and that the human females are dumber than hayseeds!

Gorkah: Speaking of Maalir, I think a group of night elves might have kidnapped her, but I’m not so sure. Last time I saw her, she was partying it up with a group of them at the inn in Goldshire. She said something about having her own little harem.

Shaine: I just hope she doesn’t show up wearing her colorful kilt. ((*grumbles*)) That might give me some serious competition. [Editor's note: Shaine has reason for concern. Here's a photo of Maalir in her kilt.]

Locksahn: Why don’t you just do the job yourself, Gorkah?

Gorkah: Well, people keep reminding me that you do put out a little more damage than me and besides, if I break stealth, someone might recognize me. I’d be disqualified for sure!

Jembai: We thought about getting a hold of a fellow named Kiyotimun. We heard he was a master with explosives. I’m sure Atohne would absolutely love receiving a little mechanical squirrel that explodes when it’s fed a few walnuts. However, we heard you’re cheaper and besides it sounds like you were going to do the job for that unnamed fire mage anyway.

Shaine: I love it when a plan comes together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home