Wandering Souls

The Wandering Souls inhabit the realm of Scarlet Crusade on the world of Azeroth. This motley band of disparate characters strive to improve their lot in life, or the afterlife (depending on whether you are an undead or not), and that of their guildmates.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Adventures by Andawan


Andawan fired up his adventure tour service the “Hungry Tauren Express” this evening with a personalized tour of Feralas for Witch. Except for one small incident, the tour was a great success and was complete with personalized narration describing the countryside along with stops for photos, gift shop browsing and a fine food selection of various jerkies. Or at least to a Tauren, it was a fine food selection, I guess. Blech!

The small incident involved a trip to the top of one of the Twin Colossals. Evidently, Andawan didn’t think taking Witch, a level 30, through a region full of level 50’s was thrilling enough. To add additional spice, he and Witch spoke with Marli Wishrunner at the base of the west tower who transported them to the top of the east tower. Eatem and I met them on top, so Eatem could get an enchantment from Witch. After taking a photo from the top of the waterfall, Witch was understandably curious about getting down.

With a wicked grin, he led Witch over to the parachute vendor and explained the use of it to her. Then with a giant leap he disappeared over the edge and all we could hear was a loud trailing “Wheeeeeeee!” in the breeze. With a tentative jump, Witch followed her leader into the abyss. It was at this point that Eatem told me, “I think Andy got hurt!” Followed by “Oh my God! Witch is Dead!” Leaning over in a desperate attempt to see the carnage…. Oh no, that’s not right… Leaning over in a desperate attempt to see if I could see Witch’s body and attempt to resurrect her, I tripped over my beautiful green and obviously too long cloak and plummeted over the cliff myself. Once falling, I was unable to use my levitate spell and I flapped my arms and cloak in a vain attempt at slowing my fall until I landed with a sickening crunch on a ledge halfway down the mountain. With my dying vision I could see Eatem floating effortlessly down using his slow fall spell and I believe I could actually hear him giggling!

Retrieving our bodies was the most horrifying part of the whole experience and I won’t make you suffer through these details. In summary, I’d like to suggest that Andawan tweak his tour a little bit or at least station a priest at both the top and bottom of the precipice to pray or perform last rites! And for additional liability protection, he should make his victims (er guests) sign injury waivers. Witch and I, on the other hand, have retained Nixx Farfling as our attorney to represent us in our lawsuit against Andawan!

- Atohne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home