Wandering Souls

The Wandering Souls inhabit the realm of Scarlet Crusade on the world of Azeroth. This motley band of disparate characters strive to improve their lot in life, or the afterlife (depending on whether you are an undead or not), and that of their guildmates.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Guild Formed

A small group of us took the plunge today and created a new guild called the "Wandering Souls". Our goal is to have a friendly group that primarily enjoys helping one another or just taking part in a friendly bit of bantering!

Incidentally, my wife plays two male undead characters in the guild - Eatem and Odor. She didn't like the laugh from the females. Affected her like fingernails on chalkboard. Therefore, in the interest of marital bliss, I went cross-gender as well and play two female characters - Atohne and Raihn.

RP Style: I prefer Light RP, which to my mind, means that public says ( /s message text ) should be in-character. Guild chat should be helpful advice or banter and out-of-character chat is fine, but please keep it courteous and avoid hot button discussions on religion, politics, etc... Private tells and party chat can be whatever you want. I definitely would not encourage a Heavy RP fanatic to join our guild. Frankly, my fingers can't withstand the pain of typing endless emote actions or encasing half of what is say in parantheses.

Grouping: I prefer to set loot mode on "group" with a setting to roll for epic versus rare items, so that we don't have to look and roll for every magic item that drops. If you see someone pick up an item that you covet, offer to buy it at vendor price. I'll gladly pass on a little extra money at the Auction House to help out a guildmate. However, we all need lots of money, at least to level 40, so we should get something for it!

Professions: Crafted items should be provided to guildmates free when you can afford to provide them. Especially, if raw materials were provided from guildmembers. Provide raw materials to others, if asked, when you can spare it as well. It is also appreciated if pattern and recipe drops were offered to the guild before dumping to vendors. In another post, I might mention an idea of setting up an alt to be the guild bank who can hold materials for our crafting.

Raiding: I'm not really into FPS action games, so I doubt I'll be organizing any raids. However, feel free to call for volunteers when your hunger for blood is raging.


For the Horde!

P.S.: I used this Blog forum as it is something I'm comfortable using. Plus, I couldn't find a free guild hosting site.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ganar said...

I like the site and our guild. I'm confident that we'll go far. I hope that we can share our talents, abilities and trade skill to make an excellent fighting force. I would recommend everyone party with any guildies that you can get a hold of so you can get to know each other better. Dont be afraid to ask me for help, I'll offer as much assistance as Undeadly possible.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home